Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Monday, February 16, 2004

Monday Blues

Monday Blues, Monday, February 16th 2004

This may sound cliche, but Mondays suck. This realization always came to me whenever I woke up on Monday mornings. It's one of those feeling you had after a great and fun party had ended, and you wished that it had not, that the party would continue on. And parties usually were always held during the weekends. Well, weekend was over, and Monday morning greeted you like an ugly and boring girlfriend that was so willing to accompany you wherever you go, whatever you do, for the whole week.

Now, this particular Monday was no better than any other previous Mondays. In fact, this Monday was worse because the fact that the other Mondays were already in the past and this Monday is the particular Monday that was staring right there and then, into my sleepy, dishelved face. And also because on this particular Monday I had to go to the campus and help my friends study for the next day's test, which I wasn't really looking forward to.

So, I got up this morning, stared at the alarm clock right in front of my face. The clock said 8.30. Should I got up and get ready? Or should I just pretend that it wasn't Monday yet, or that the clock is 3 hours to soon?

I decided to delay greeting Monday morning for about half an hour.

9 o'clock. Woke up again, looked at the clock. I hate that clock. I loathed that clock. Tried sleeping again, but can't. So, got off from my bed, talked a bit with my Mom before she left for the office, telling her my plan for the day, and got a bit of breakfast (fried noodles with sprinkles of salty fish...there's nothing like instant noodles in the morning). Didn't take a shower immediately though. Went to my PC first, turned it on and checked my email. It was just an excuse not to go to the campus immediately.

Oh yeah, I hated this particular Monday because I was having a bad throat (thanks to the flu I just caught last week). And it's not getting better, yet.

Checked my cellphone. 4 messages in it. Two were from my campus friends, asking what time I'd be at the campus. Great, I was wanted at the campus and I didn't feel like going. But I guess I just have to go. Can't let them down now, can I? Another one from my ex, saying that she had fun going out with a guy I introduced to her. Another one I forgot from who and about what. I decided that it was time to hit the shower and get going.

Got to the campus at around 11.15. Turned out that there was only one of my friends there. The others weren't there yet, or won't be coming. So, I figured it wouldn't hurt much if i went to the computer lab and browse there. My one friend was also there.

The others arrived round 12 to 12.30. Turns out that they didn't feel like studying either. The afternoon was spent talking to my friend about his date the previous day (the guy I introduced to my ex), and trying to explain to my friend a couple of little things about the subjects for the next day's test. A friend of mine asked me whether I could talk to the academic people to postpone the test from morning the next day to the afternoon. I didn't feel like talking to the academic people, I already asked too much out of them concerning postponing tests. Eventhough they granted my previous pleas, this time I just didn't wanna push my luck. My classmates has already asked too much. But my friend was quite pushy, so he asked another guy, a guy bout 9 or 10 years older than me, my classmate, to ask the academic people. And he agreed. Since I was head of the class, like it or not I have to accompany him to meet the person in charge of the test schedules. She wasn't very happy about it, but since the test was only postponed for a few hours, she agreed to it. Later on I apologized to her for asking too much. She said that it was okay.

Well, after that one by one my friends left. They didn't feel like studying. Neither did I. So I got home at around 5, fired up my PC (again) and went online (again) and started writing this blog. A friend of mine who lived near my house came for a dental appointment with my Mom (she's a dentist). While waiting, he went to my room and accompanied me while I was typing this blog. Well, guess that's it for this Monday. I still have a clogged throat, I still don't feel like studying. I think I'd rather finish reading Band of Brothers

Boy, Mondays suck