Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Another Trip to Puncak

A good friend of mine has this place in Puncak. It's a very nice place. I always enjoyed staying over there. The place has very great views. On one side of the house, the you could see the garden, green and very soothing. There's a porch there that also serves as the dining place. We usually sit there eating, drinking, smoking and listening to the stream outside near the house. It's a nice place. On the other side, at the front door, there's another porch that has a very great view of the mountains (when it's not covered by fog and cloud, that is).

The air's nice too up there. Cold and clean, unlike Jakarta's hot and dusty climate, full of polution. The air's so cold that when we go to sleep most of us cover ourselves with thick blankets. But I like the cold. Though I sleep with long pants and cover myself with blanket, it's kinda soothing and assuring knowing that the cold air is all around me.

Me and my friend and a couple of other guys usually go up there whenever there's a long weekend or a holiday. We would set out from Jakarta bringing stuff such as food (lots of steaks, bottles of beer and sometimes booz and cans of Pringles!), a DVD player (along with lots of movies), a Playstation 2 (with the games also of course) and other goodies like music CDs. We would stay for one or two nights, watching movies, playing games, drinking beer, eating steaks, smoking, or just sitting out at the front porch or the back porch, talking about stuffs and enjoying the great view and the cold air.

I always enjoyed staying there. Getting away from Jakarta to stay over at Puncak for a couple of days is always nice. It's a relaxing experience.

Well, we just went there again last Saturday. My friend invited me and another 8 friends to stay there for the long weekend (last Monday was a holiday). 6 of 'em only stayed for a night. The rest (me and my friend and two other people) stayed until Monday evening. It was fun, as always. We had a great time, watching movies, eating steaks, drinking beer and talking.
When the wheather is clear we usually go hiking. The surrounding nature provided many breathtaking views along the hiking route. But we didn't get the chance to enjoy the views because it rained almost all the time.

So, last weekend I had another great time there at my friend's place in Puncak. It's nice being there. Too bad that time won't allow me to stay longer there.
It was nice staying there for a change, and get away for awhile from Jakarta.