Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Monday Comes Again


Monday, my ugly, boring, and sickly girlfriend, is back again. But for this week, she changed her name to Tuesday. Yeah, Tuesday's here (I know it's you Monday!) and she's back with all her ugliness and boredom. She gave me headache this morning when I woke up and stared right into that ugly face of hers. She said she was Tuesday, but I know it was actually Monday because none give me as bad a headache as Monday usually does. She reminded my that I need to go to my campus and started looking for some material for a group assignment. She reminded me that I haven't started looking for a topic for my thesis. She reminded me that my friends were waiting at the campus for the group assignment. She told me to hurry up cause my brother's waiting for me since we were suppose to use the car together. That's Monday to me. Bad news all the way.

I wish Monday could be better, like Saturday. Saturday came to me smiling and took me along with my friends to Puncak. We had a great time there. She told me to forget about all the things that need doing and enjoy the rest and relaxation she had given me. Though the weather's cold, my heart was warmed by her personality. She showed me the sights I've been longing to see and soon I was wrapped comfortably in her embrace. Too bad Saturday didn't stay long, but I'm glad she came to satisfy me.

The next morning Sunday came and said hello. We spend the day just sitting around (or lying around), admiring the views in front of us, having few but pleasant conversations, playing some games and doing other insignificant but pleasant stuffs. During the afternoon she taught me how to cook french fries (never tried cooking before) and I did it right the first time. She was proud of me and that made me happy. Later there was some parting and goodbyes, but all in all me and Sunday had a great time together, just like when I was spending my time with Saturday. She left during the night, but her stories will forever be in the libraries of my mind. I just wished that she would stay longer with me. But I know her time is limited and I was just glad that she came.

I was dreading to wake up the next day and seeing Monday. As I woke up , my eyes were kissed by the sun that shone in my face. There's a pleasant feeling in the air. Then Monday greeted me. I know from the way she looked at me, from the way she said hello, from the way she kissed my eyes, I know that it was actually Holiday that came. She said that Sunday told her to come and pay me a visit. Sunday and Holiday are my favorites. They both are very good friends since they are almost the same. They have pleasant personalities and they are most of the times unpredictable (in a good way). Sometimes they talk a lot about their stories, and sometimes they listen to my stories. I like them both. Holiday said that she came in place of Monday (since she knew that Monday wasn't coming) and because Sunday didn't want me to be alone. This time we both shared our stories and had a great time. And by the end of the day she gave me a delightful surprise (a secret, of course).

I know Holiday won't stay long and that she had to go again, but she promised that she would visit me from time to time. I bid her good bye and closed my eyes.

Seemed to me that Monday never wanted to miss a chance to visit me regularly, so she came in place of Tuesday, put on a disguise (just to give me a surprise, an unpleasant surprise) and told me that she was Tuesday. But somehow I knew it was her. Well, she really knew how to ruin a man's life. But I can't really blame her. It's just the way she is.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are good friends. But they don't leave as much impressions as Monday, Saturday or Sunday do. They would want to walk along with you, accompany you to wherever it is you want to go or whatever it is you want to do. But most of the time they're just bland. Not boring, but not exciting either. They're not pushy, but they're not timid either (probably that's why Monday sometimes replaced one of 'em and they won't mind). Still, I appreciate their companionships, however uneventful they are.

Friday's a restless, joyful soul. I always enjoy her companionship. She knows how to have fun, she knows where to hang out, she brings new and old friends to me, and generally she knows how to make me happy. She has this indescribable charm to her, a taste of childishness mixed with recklesness and a tendency to explore the unknown. In short, she's a lively one. I would want to have Friday and never let her go, but out of all the others, I know that she's the wild one. It will be hard to put a leash on her. She's a free soul. One-night stand with her would be a great possibility, but not more than that. Still, it's fun to have her around and I think it's better that way. I don't think Friday would be herself anymore should anyone bound her like a caged bird.

Monday always makes me hate everyone or everything that comes along. She has this influence over me that made me a less pleasant person. But like I said, it's just the way she is.
Right now, I'm just waiting for her to leave me. But in the meantime, she's here (even though she keeps telling me that she's Tuesday). And that's just the way it is.