Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Delays and Broken Promises (Saturday, September 11, 2004)

So, after a week delay, we were finally going to Puncak this day. I woke up at around 9.30 in the morning in my friend's house. We started preparing. We went to pick up P at around 1 o'clock. H had to pick up his car at the autoshop, some old lady had crashed it's front-left side while reversing her car earlier this week. Waited for awhile at the autoshop. After that we went to Mega Mal's Carefour to shop for food for our 2-day stay in Puncak. We went to H's house for our final preparations before leaving. We left his house at 5 in the evening. H's driver drove the three of us there.

A friend I know from friendster sent me an sms asking me to meet up with her. I was on the way to Puncak when the message arrived. I said my sorry for not being able to meet with her that weekend and promised her that I'd make it up to her next week.

There were to be 8 people in H's villa, including me. 5 of them were there already since morning. They were H's office friends. We got caught in heavy traffic at the Puncak split-off. It was to be expected, since it was a long weekend and everyone seemed to have plans to go to Puncak that weekend. Thanks to W's driving skill (and some shameless act of cutting into other people's lane), we were able to reach our destination within 3 hours. We arrived at H's villa at around 8 o'clock. Everyone was already waiting. An was busy writing some poems, Pi was smoking, Na, Aj and Je was at lying at and around the sofa, where they set up some beds.

Being there again was always refreshing. After putting all the food and drinks in the fridge, I set up my PS2 so that we could get started watching some DVD movies. The first movie we watch was Princess Mononoke, a Japanese cartoon created by Hayao Miyazaki. Since I'd already watched that movie, I sat outside at the villa's balcony for sometime, smoking a cigarette. I don't usually smoke. But I always smoke there in Puncak. I didn't exactly enjoy smoking, but it helped get rid of the cold for a bit. The night sky was clear at that time. I could see some stars shining in the sky. H turned off some lights so that we could see them better.

I had a long conversation with Je at the balcony about working at Citibank and the people we knew there. About his hopes of being a permanent employee there. I gave my comments concerning the people I knew that were still working there at the time and about how it was being a permanent employee, even though it lasted for only 9 months. I must say that I was impressed with Je's surprisingly vast knowledge about movies, music and PS games. He has a very good voice. An interesting fellow indeed.

An was quite a good poem writer. I read some of them and I must say that I was quite impressed with some of them. She has a good command on the Indonesian language.

Played a couple of PS2 games before finally going to sleep at around 2 o'clock. Didn't fall asleep right away. Je was snoring loudly and it was hard trying to shut the noise away. Finally, after trying for quite some time, I fell asleep at around 3.30 in the morning.