Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Walk in the Hills (Sunday, September 12 2004)

I slept only for about 2 hours. Je was already up and walking about by the time I opened my eyes. The time was 5.30 in the morning. I woke up and went outside to the villa's front porch and waited to see the sky turn from complete darkness to light. Hills and mountains appeared in front of my eyes as the sun rose up and lighted the world. Colors started appearing. It was quite a view. A view I enjoyed while sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette. That thing hit my head hard and chased away my sleepiness. Je played Winning Eleven 5 inside while I was sitting outside. Too bad couldn't come with us. He would love the view. It was peaceful. Everything was green (the hills), blue (the sky), and white (the sky).

The other started waking up at around 7 to 7.30. After almost everyone was awake, Je made some pancakes for breakfast. It was not bad. Except for H and P, everyone was taking a walk in the hills near H's villa, with mas Las as our guide. After we finished preparing, we left the villa and started walking.

We first came across a big stream. We crossed it and came to a small paved road. We got off the road and started climbing the hill next to it following a path. Not long after that we arrived at the tea plantation. Before walking up the hills where the tea plantation was, we went to a small river stream to wash our feet that had got dirty because of walking. We played there for awhile, took some pictures, and then left for the hills again.

The view up the hill was great. We could see the towering mountains in front of us, the Puncak road down below, the soccer field on the hill across from ours, the tea plantation right below us, the farmers carrying carrots down the path between the tea plantations. We sat down and took some rest, drink a bit, took some more pictures, and enjoyed the view. After we were rested, we went off again, this time arriving at another stream. The water was clear and fresh. We rested there a bit there, played with the water, took yet some more pictures, and enjoyed the cold water.

We went on, walking up another path up the hill, crossing a large grassy field and came upon yet another paved road. This one goes up to a higher place up a hill. Exclusive villas dotted the sides of the road and near the t-junction where we stood at the time. The road was quite steep. While the others decided to go down, I parted ways to go higher up, trying to enjoy a moment of solitude. It was really quiet up there. A silence so deep it's hard to describe. Very peaceful. Some people said that mountains are sacred. I think I knew why they said so. You couldn't hear anything else up there except the whispers of your heart, and maybe, God.

The road went up the hill, then turn into a full circle going down the hill, and meeting up at a junction with itself. It was the same t-junction where I parted ways with my friends earlier. I ran down the road, going down the hill, and finally met up with my friends waiting for me. We went on again, going along the road, down the hill. After some twists and turns, we came to a narrow unpaved path going off the paved road and we went on following that narrow path, going further down the hill. At a four-way junction we took a right and followed the path, rounding a bend with a hill on our right, and a view of the mountains on our right. We came to an old abandoned hut and the path lead us down a hill with the trees to our left and right.

As we go further down, we came to a villa on our left. Some people are renting it, and they whistled at some of my girl-friends. Yep, An and Pi were good looking alright (hey, if you two are reading this, don't let yourself hit the ceiling, okay?). We came to another paved walkway that lead, finally, to the road where H's villa was located. We still had to walk up the steep road before we finally arrived back at the villa. The morning hike took about 2 hours.

H was playing Ace Combat 4 when we arrive. P was waiting for him to finish the game so that she could watch more DVDs. We took turns taking showers since there were only 2 bathrooms. After that we watched a movie titled Fahrenheit 9/11, a movie by Michael Moore. We had Padang food for lunch. I had myself some kikil and paru. My life just got less by 2 weeks eating that unhealthy, yet very delicious, food.

I think we watched a couple more movies, I couldn't remember. During the whole afternoon I played a game called Rummikub (or something) with Pi and Je. Heard that it was a Jewish game. The game's got something to do with numbers (from 1 to 13) and colors (blue, yellow, black, and red). Je left early, Pi and I started all over again from scratch. Played it for a long time with her. I lost, damn it. But hey, at least I tried my best. Ha ha ha. Hey, at least I made a girl felt good that time.

We watched more DVDs. One was The Usual Suspect. A very good movie starring Kevin Spacey, with a very interesting plot twist. Later in the night we had a barbeque. Mas Las prepared the coals. I was the one doing the barbeque. I enjoyed it. After I finished eating, I went out to the front porch again, smoking a cigarette to help get rid of the cold. An came out to the front porch, we started chatting and had ourself a nice, long conversation. She complained a bit that the night sky was not clear enough to see more stars. H and N came out to the porch after awhile, gossiped a bit, talked about relationship and how to get rid of unwanted attentions.

P was watching Beverly Hills Ninja (not a very good movie, if I may say so myself) when I fell asleep on the sofa. It had been a very long and wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home