Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Heading Back (Monday, September 13 2004)

This time I slept a lot longer than the previous night. I woke up at around 7. The sun was already quite high in the sky. Je was up and about, and the others were starting to wake up. Je, An, Na, and Aj were going back to Jakarta at around 9. They were waiting for their driver to pick them up. They took turns taking shower and had their breakfast and they also packed their things. At around 9 their driver came and they left at about 9.30. Then it was only me, H, Pi and P that were left there at the villa.

We stayed in the villa the whole day. We watched some more movies (Identity, Amelie, Lilo and Stitch), had KFC for lunch, watched some more movies, smoke some cigarettes, had pancakes for dinner, and played some PS2 games. Actually, it was H playing Ace Combat 4. He got to the final mission, but decided to stop there and play it some other time.

In the evening we took some pictures at the villa. Just the four of us. I dreaded having to go back to Jakarta. But everyone had to, because the holiday's over, and the next day they need to go back to work. Mas W, H's driver, arrived at the villa around 9. We started packing right away. After we checked and double-checked to make sure that there are no valuables left behind, we left for Jakarta.

P and Pi slept along the way, leaving only me, H and mas W awake. I and H chit-chatted along the way, trying to keep ourselves awake. I talked about dreading coming back to Jakarta, and he also said the same thing. I both agreed that we like the mountains and also the beaches. But the thing about the mountains is that it's a lot quieter, more peaceful. The point of going to Puncak was to avoid the crowd that is Jakarta. To enjoy the silence. I also like the sound of the river. Water running between rocks. The sound is hypnotizing. I always feel drowsy whenever I hear running water. Once I fell asleep just sitting near a river, listening to the sound of the water. I wasn't tired or lacking sleep at the time. I fell asleep, just like that, listening to the water.

We finally arrived in Jakarta at about 10.30. We dropped P and Pi, and then Mas W dropped me off at my house. H asked me to stay over at his house, but I said I couldn't. I needed to go back to my house since the next day I'd be going with my Mom to meet my grandma who came from Bandung. She was staying at my auntie's place.

That's the end of my vacation to Puncak. Back to my house, back to civilization. Hey, it ain't that bad, y'know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home