Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Well, I just couldn't let mother's day pass without giving some kind of comment on it. Especially since my mom's one of the most important person in my life.

So, here I am, writing something up.

I'll be brief. Mom, I love you and admire you. If I were in your shoes and went through the hell that you went through, I might not have made it out alive. You're one tough woman, and I raise my hat in honor of you.

Once, I put you second to God. For I have no other guide at that time besides you. I'm sorry for giving you so heavy a burden. After all, you're only human.

And I have paid dearly for that. With my disappointment.

Forgive me mom, for expecting too much out of you. Now, the person second to God is myself. You're in third. But that's only numbers. And you're still my mother. And that's saying a lot.

Give me some more time to be able to change how I see you. To get over my expectations of you. To accept you just the way you are.

I still love you and respect you. In that respect, nothing has changed. You're one tough mother. And you deserve better things in life. I hope that in time, you will get those things.

No matter what the Catholic Church think about you, excommunication does not represent God's will. It's just rule. God bless you, mother. I'm very sure of it. Even if the Catholic Church doesn't think so. You have the body of Christ and the blood of Christ runs through it. Don't listen to those priests who only knows about rules of the world, for the heart and soul know no such rules.

May God help free you from the burden of your past.

I am not a perfect son. I still have fear of ending up just like your husbands. I could only hope that I could be a better man than them. For you, but importantly for myself.

So, happy mother's day, dear mom. God bless you, for sure.

Looks like it's not as brief as I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home