Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

'Pulang ke Kotamu...'

It's been a long time since I last set foot in Jogja. If I remembered it correctly, I was here before in June. Back then, I was about to start my thesis. Trying hard to come up with a topic to write about. Saw an old ghost back then.

Now, about 6 months later, I'm back here again. This time, it was for my thesis hearing. I passed, with an A. It was a relieve. The ghost has moved on.

And right now, I'm sitting inside the same very same internet cafe I visitted the last time I was here in Jogja. Back then I was trying to find out a topic for my thesis. And now, it's all over. Full circle. I'm here again.

I've probably said this so many times, but I'm gonna say it again. There's just something peaceful about this place. I couldn't put a finger on it. Maybe I'm just bored with the hectic life of Jakarta.

Today's my 4th day in Jogja. Body's feeling a bit tired, probably because my nerves were on end the days before the hearing. And now, it's all over, and my body's just seemed to let it all go...including the immune system. Looks like the flu will be visitting me very shortly.

Tomorrow's my friend's hearing. I think I'll stay here till Saturday. After it's all over, it's party time.

Gonna enjoy the last days of my ignorance. Pretty soon it's job hunting time, and things will never be the same again. Life changes, and I just passed another milestone.

The road is long indeed, but the view along the way is quite...indescribable. Cheers to life, with all its excitements and boredom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home