Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Eye-Bags

I've been enjoying myself a lot lately. Doing nothing at home except playing games and watching DVDs. Oh yeah, listening to music too.

I remember what someone said about Paulo Coelho. "Your books make me dream." I guess it's one of the best compliments a writer could ever receive.

I read Paulo Coelho's 'Eleven Minutes'. It is very good. But it didn't make me dream. It was good, though. Good. I'm looking forward to reading "The Alchemist."

But there are books that succeeded in making me dream. To be taken away from this reality and to experience a different kind of reality. J.R.R. Tolkien's 'Lord of the Ring' is one of them. There are some other too. Harper Lee's 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is also another. And many others. They're beautiful.

Books are not the only things that could make me dream. A good friend of mine gave me a remix of a background music from a game I came to love during my senior high years. I remember the instrumental music. It's very beautiful. I remember how my eyes would go blank and my mind would wander away from my body...and began dreaming of a far, far away reality...

A floating island, with castles high atop it's highest hill, floating high and among the clouds. Strange birds with dragon wings and lashing tails roam the boundless skies. Rivers running between the slopes of mountains and hills, ending in waterfalls on the island's edges, falling to earth. The wind gently blowing, you could almost hear it singing between the branches of the trees. And the blue sky, crystal clear.

The image is, of course, taken from the game. But the music brought me there. It made me experience. Thanks, M, for bringing the music to me again. It made me remember a bit how to dream.

I've also fallen in love with Alicia Keys' 'If I Ain't Got You'. I know it sounds silly, but this song could make me fall in love, even if there's no object for this love. Even if there's no woman in my life right now. The song made me fall in love. Or, at least, it made me fall for what I believe to love. Yes, the song also made me dream.

Have you ever felt it?

A work of art so beautiful it moves you in a way you never understand?

Indescribable.

I just hope that, moments like these, would still come even after my graduation. When I enter what many people like to call 'The Real World'. But I do believe that even The Real World is still full of wonder. And I just hope that I am Awake enough to Experience its Wonders. To be Awake, and yet still dream. It would be wonderful.

Many are asleep. Many. I hope that they will one day wake up from their dreamless sleep, and experience this reality, full of dreams.

I hope that this isn't only because I've been sleeping late at night. It would suck to know that these all are only happening because of chemical imbalance inside my body.

Well, even if it was, I don't mind. It's been good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home