Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Daily Routine

My new daily routine (from Monday to Friday, that is)
1. Open my eyes and thinking "Shit, it's already morning again. What time is it?".....
2. "Goddamnit, it's 7.30! I'm fuckin' late!", jump out of bed and go straight to the bathroom to take a shower.
3. Change my clothes, eat breakfast, get my stuff (iPod mini, wallet, glasses, cellphone, company id card), said my goodbyes to my folks and go to the office by taxi.
4. Arrives at the office, go straight to my office, enter using the id card.
5. Go get my laptop in my locker (ain't gonna lug that heavy thing around unless I have to), set it up at my temporary desk and fire it up.
6. While waiting for the turtle-speed W2K to finish its so-slow boot up process, I go to the pantry, get myself a glass to drink, went to the dispenser, serve myself water and Nestle's 3-in-1 coffee.
7. Sit down, log in to the internet and Outlook, check incoming e-mails and start up whatever self-study program I have/need/want to go through.
8. Start yahoo messenger, and check whoever's online.
9. Let the time flies by, listening to my iPod (with the occasional trips to the toilet and water dispenser) until...
10. ...it's lunch time! (Options available: the building's food court, which is a waste of money; or the many food stalls just outside the building for a better worth of your money).
11. After lunch, go back to the office...
12. ...and continue whatever work I've been doing up until before lunch.
13. See point number 9.
14. ...it's 5 o'clock. Now I can relax for awhile before turning in for the day.
15. Pack up my laptop, put it in my locker (like I've said before, ain't gonna lug that thing around unless I have to).
16. Leave the building, walk to the nearest busway station, purchase a ticket, and wait until a bus comes along.
17. Enter bus, sit/stand (depending on the situation) and get off at Mangga Besar station.
18. Go get an 'ojek'.
19. Arrive at home, take a bath, go get something to eat from whatever menu's on the table.
20. Continue reading whatever book I'm reading.
21. Sleep.

Note: variations of activities exist. This mostly applies for points: 1 (sometimes I wake up early), 2 (sensible, since the comment would depend on variations in point 1), 9 (sometimes people would go to where I'm sitting and engage a conversation with me), 13 (see 9), 16 (if I'm too tired I take a taxi), 17&18 (will not applly if in point 16 I take a taxi), and 20 (I sometimes go online).

Boooorriiiingggg.....

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger meimeiletti said…

    Hey babe...


    Welcome to the real (work) world, darling.
    (I can't believe I'm stuck in this hell hole for more than 2 years, sigh...)

    For what's it worth, at the end of the month, you'd get a quite handsome paycheck, and go get your pure earthly indulgence.

    Hehehe...

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rie,

    You're not the only who feels that way :)

    It seems that when we enter the working life, all of sudden we no longer have enough time for anything. Time just passes by so damn fast.

    Great blog, btw :)

    -david-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home