Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

"Wait, Wait! Time out! Time....awww shit, too late...."

Two calls in one day. Two! In the same day! And to add it up, the last one asked me to come again the next day. Come again! The next day! Can y'all believe that?

Some people might say that I'm a lucky S O B. Well, interview calls are no guarantee that I'll succeed. But still, c'mon! It was only last week that I started looking for work. Even that was only a half-hearted effort. Did it only to stop mom from yelling "Get a goddamn job, you goddamn lazy bum!" (my mom's actually a very kind person, it's just me that making that up whenever I see her eyes). Heh, even eyes can talk.

Well, I've had enough idle times. Too much idle time actually, that boredom and occasional depression has become a close companion.

But now, I'm beginning to feel that I'm gonna miss my idle time. Gonna miss my boredom, my depression. Gonna miss my period of ignorance, of not doing anything and enjoying life without having to fight for something. Of reading lots and lots of books, of playing lots and lots of video games, of lots and lots of hangin' out with friends on weekends and week days.

Look, I may not get any of these offers after all in the end. But it kinda scare me, all these sudden interviews and psychology test. Kinda scared that maybe, maybe, I'll be loosing my social life in the near future. That maybe, maybe, I won't like the job. That maybe, maybe, I'm making a big mistake working for these companies. Maybe, maybe, I should start my own business. Maybe, maybe, I'll be so goddamn good at my job that I'll end up working for many, many years for the company and not be able to see any other options in life. Maybe, maybe I'll end up being an ordinary salaryman, working day in, day out, becoming a wage slave, losing touch with my close friends. Maybe, maybe, I won't be a movie star or a well known celebrity afterall...



Huh? Wha waz dat?


Anyways...


I don't know. Lots of maybes.

I guess I'm just afraid of this whole thing. Afraid of making a mistake. Kept telling myself that life's all about making mistakes and learning from them. But still....

Maybe I should try to be a movie star, or a model maybe?


Huh?


What was that again?


..........



Anyways!


Well, I know I'd like to be a lecturer one day. But a lecturer without experience in the real world sounds like an empty shell. So, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go out there and work for awhile. Maybe I could become a better lecturer that way.

Maybe I'm just all freaked out. Nah, I won't lose touch with my buddies. Nah, I still can have a social life. Nah, I still have a chance of opening up my own business (whatever that will be). Nah, I still could be a movie star or a model or a celebrity....


Huh?


Come again?


Nah....anyways!!!



Oh well, just hope that it all turns out for the best.

Come to think of it, it'd suck if I ended up not getting any of 'em job offer. Ha ha ha!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger meimeiletti said…

    Hey Rie...

    Ha ha ha ha.....
    Somebody's freakin' out, eh?

    Well, don't worry Rie, getting a job does not mean the end of the world, now, does it;p

    Hope everything turns out for the best, okay? Hehehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home