Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Monday, June 06, 2005

A (Soon-to-be) New Hobby

Weekends for some people are time to meet friends and do things that due to one thing or another can not be done during the normal week days. For some, it's time to rest up and re-charge for the coming week. And to many others, it's both.

It is also both for me. But since lately I couldn't seem to 'push the off button' during weekends, I decided to make full use of the time the last weekend had provided me. On Sunday, in particular, I decided to pursue a hobby that I've been interested in for quite some time: Gundam kit.

I have been reluctant in starting this hobby since it needs quite an investment to start it. For one, it's time consuming. You have to be able to dedicate some time to work with the kit. And it consumes my bank account really fast. I spent more than half a million in buying all the needed equipment and supplies.

I spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening at an acquaintance's place. He owns a store selling all Gundam-related kits, equipments and supplies. He taught me the basics of plastic kit constructing and the basic of using an airbrush in painting the plastic kit. All in all, it was quite a pleasant new experience. I was learning new things, and new things are always interesting.

The kit is not finished yet, but I think that within 2 weeks I'd be able to finish it. Can't wait. And I don't know whether I'll be sticking to this new hobby, but it looks quite promising (though a bit threatening on the bank account department).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home