Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Thursday, March 11th 2004


Damn, I was starting to forget the details of what I did on Thursday. All I could remember that I woke up quite late. I think I woke up round 10.30. And I remembered playing NFSU up until around 12 in the afternoon. Well, the highlight of the day was a seminar that me and my dad were suppose to attend in late afternoon that day. The seminar was about work ethos.
Yeah, two seminars in a week.

So, round 12.30 I started preparing myself to pick up my dad at his place in Pulo Macan. Left the house round 1.30 in the afternoon. When I got to Pulo Macan my dad was still preparing himself. While waiting I took a look around his place. He got some sort of a small company making dental demonstration tools (tooth statuettes and stuff). So I looked around, wanting to know how his little enterprise was doing. From the looks of things, seemed it's doing pretty good.

After taking a look around and waiting for dad, we left for jalan Wijaya. The seminar was held in a place called Cafe Xi'an somewhere near Pasaraya Grande in Blok M. The place was okay enough, quite comfortable. The event was held on the second floor of the cafe. A nice place overall.

The seminar was about work ethos. The committee of the event was an organization dedicated in the field of human resource development. The speaker was a human resource manager from Indocement.

I regretted not making a journal while attending the seminar. I didn't have any notebook at that time (too bad the people who held this event didn't think of giving the participants notebooks). But all I could say is that the speaker didn't touch the heart of the matter, that was work ethos. He was mostly speaking about the human resource management, the public relations, and the community contributions of Indocement which, in my humble opinion, got little to do with work ethos. To me the seminar was too shallow and off the mark.

But one interesting thing happened. I met an ex-co-worker of mine from Citibank. She was also not working in Citibank anymore. She moved out of Citibank and was working for a consultant company. She asked me how I was doing and gave me her business card. I might contact her sometimes in the future through e-mail.

I got home, had a shower, called my girlfriend and talked to her about my day. That's all I remember bout Thursday, another not-so-ordinary day in my life.