Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Marketing Seminar, March 10th 2004


Wow, seems that I'm in a journal writing frenzy... This morning when I was still half asleep I heard my younger brother came in to our room. He'd stayed over at his campus the night before, preparing for the seminar his marketing club was holding that day. I woke up around 8.30. Mom woke me up. My brother's seminar was at 9.30. I only had 1 hour to prepare, so I hurriedly went about my morning routines. I only had a glass of cereal drink for breakfast (as usual).

I went to my brother's campus together with my mom. She dropped me off there. She had to go to Cililitan that day to take care of some administration stuff concerning her pension. I got confused a bit about which building the seminar was being held. Called my brother up and asked him. Turned out that I'd been standing in front of the building. When I got to the eighth floor I looked around and realized that I was the oldest participant around (besides the speaker). Well, the committee for the event seemed prepared (as prepared as campus kids could be, which was not a bad thing, I'd seen worse).

My brother was at the ticketing table. He looked as if he hadn't have a good night sleep (He probably had not anyway). I asked whether we'd be getting some bread from BreadTalk. Over there, behind the door he said. Wow, I'd never tried one of those. This would be m first chance. Cool.

The room they used for the seminar looked okay enough. That day it was filled with lots of undergrad students. They were noisy, busy talking with each other

The seminar was okay (the flaming floss was great!). I used the time available to me before the seminar started to write this journal. Well, about the seminar, if I could sum it up, the first session by Johnny Andrean brought out more the entrepreneurship side of his business, but still with a little bit of a marketing strategy. Second session turned out to be short, but more interesting. Kafi Kurnia, the speaker, was a lively, no-nonsense kind of speaker. He was to the point, making the second session quite short in comparison with the first session. The content, however, was quite an eye-opener. He talked about many of the then-famous franchises, and how they came to be famous. He also delivered some key guidance concerning how to create a sustainable marketing program for a franchise.

After the seminar had finished, I had to wait for my brother to wrap things up with his friends. He and his friends had to go to the mall across the campus to get some ink to print out the seminar's certificates. So I accompanied them there. After dropping his friends at their house we got home around 5.30. I played NFSU (at last I beat that event!), played a bit of Drakengard, and browsed a bit.

After my Mom had finished practicing we watched Lost in Translation. Pretty interesting movie. After that I got online and write this blog (or journal, whichever term suit you best).
That was my Wednesday. In general.