Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Monday, September 20, 2004

A Full Birthday (September 18 2004)

Woke up at 7.30 in Pi's room. Mumu's dozing near the foot of the bed. Only a little more than 4 hours of sleep. Pi was up and about, was still sleeping. Went to the bathroom with Mumu trailing behind me. Went through Pi's parents' room going to the bathroom. When I got out of the bathroom, I found that Mumu's found a new interest in P, trying to nuzzle up to her on the bed. She was whining and asking me to get rid of him. I called Mumu and told him not to bother a sleeping beauty ha ha ha.

I came down to the first floor. Pi was washing dishes and getting rid of dog shit on the front of her house. She told me she was doing things she doesn't usually do, since everyone was out of the house. I told her she was doing okay. P joined us outside not long after that. Pi offered to make tea for us, P and I accepted it. And then P said that she wanted to see a movie, any movie. I came along and we watched a movie titled '8 Women'. It's a French movie. A light murder mystery sprinkled with a bit of musical here and ther. It was okay.

Mam send me an sms in the morning telling me that she wanted me to accompany her to pick up my bro up at the campus. She said we would be stopping at a bakery to get him a birthday cake before picking him up at the campus. I said I'll go home as soon as possible then. While we were watching 'You've Got Served' a call came in from my mom. She said that the driver will come and pick me up and will you give me the address so that I could tell driver where to pick you up.

The car arrived when 'You've Got Served' was still playing on the dvd player. I didn't get to see that movie till the end. Pi was watering the plant in the front lawn when I left her. Got stuck in the traffic for quite awhile going back home. Took a bath as soon as possible when I finally got home. We took off right after my bro called home and asked us to come and pick him up. We head off to the bakery first to buy my bro a birthday cake. We picked him up at his campus and we went to TA. There we had lunch and did some grocery shopping in the supermarket before finally dropping him off at his apartment room in TA. The room was packed with his friends busy doing their plant layout assignments. They were happy with the prospect of eating a birthday cake later on ha ha ha.

Previously I'd told M that I might not be able to join him for a karaoke session since we left quite late in the afternoon. But fortunately by the time we were finished at TA he was just about to start the session. My driver dropped me off at Puri and I joined M and his friends for a 2-hour of karaoke. It was fun. I got to sing Limpbizkit's 'Rollin''. Reminded me of the time when I got on stageback at the UI campus singing that song together with my friends. Looked like I still had it in me to sing that song. It was fun. I also got to sing Santana's 'Maria Maria', Frank Sinatra's 'New York New York' and 'Love and Marriage'. Damn I was good at it!

I asked Mike whether he wanted to go with me to EX to meet a friend I knew from friendster. He said that he was all for it and asked how did I get to know this girl. I told him that she sent me a message through friendster asking me whether I was in the same class with her in Santa Maria elementary school and whether I lived in Tomang back then. I told her that I probably was not since we were 2 years apart in age and that no, I didn't live in Tomang I live in Mangga Besar. I found that she was H's cousin's friend. They both went to the same senior high. I told M that she was in Jakarta, back from Sydney for awhile. She asked to meet up with me and that she'd be in EX that night with her friends, 12 of 'em. She'd been asking to meet up with me for 2 weeks and we hadn't been successful in finding the time when we both would be available. She also asked me to bring some friends. Well, I had M with me. I tried contacting H and F to come and join us. H couldn't make it in the end. F later came with G, his girlfriend.

So we arrived at EX. After circling the parking for about 3-5 times (trying to find a parking space in EX on a Saturday night's a bitch) we finally found a parking space. We first went to the 'Kings of Thai' restaurant, since she said that she and her friends would be there. Turned out that the place was packed and she and her friends decided to eat at the 'Red Tomatoes' instead. So, after 2 weeks of trying to meet each other, we finally did. She looks just like in the pictures in friendster.

Her friends turned out to be members of a mailing list named 'Jalan Sutra'. These people were all about going to new places and trying out new restaurants. They write reports recommending good restaurants and other places worth hangin' out in. I talked to them and I told 'em I might be interested in joining. Sounds like fun.

Me and Na (the girl) talked about many stuff, such as how she got to know Cat (H's cousin), about Deddy Corbuzier (they went to the same senior high, Teresia), about movies (planning on meeting again next Wednesday at EX to watch Exorcist: The Beginning), about bombs blowing off everywhere, and other things. I also chatted with some of her friends. One was sitting right next to me. She's her boyfriend's friend (how people get to know each other, it's amazing), and she also didn't know most of the people there (I forgot her name, damn! My bad). But they all seemed cool. There was this guy, a very pleasant guy. He likes talking about movies, and knows quite a lot about them. He and I connected immediately. And there was this one guy who's very good at tasting food. He could recognize the ingredients, the textures, and whether the cooks were good enough in putting these things together.

The food was good. Unfortunately, the service was not. They overcharged us for our food. Out of 12 orders of food, only about 6 or 7 came out. But they still charged us for 12 orders of food. It took quite awhile for us to settle the matter, but in the end it was settled and everyone was happy.

Just a side note, the TV in the restaurant played 'You've Got Served'. Talk about coincidence, huh? I, for one, don't believe in coincidence. That everything that happens must have a reason. But up until now, I don't know what is the reason behind seing 'You've Got Served' twice on the same day. Well, at least I got to see how the movie ends.

A friend of mine, F, said that he would be joining us later that night at EX with his girlfriend G, also a good friend of mine. She was in Jakarta until Sunday. Her company sent her frequently. So, after the dinner, me and Na parted ways since they were having a cup of coffee at Bakerz In next and F might want to go somewhere else. I told her that we'd meet again next Wednesday for the movie. So me and M walked her to Bakerz In and parted ways there. It's always fun meeting new people. Especially nice new people.

F was having a hard time trying to find a parking space. While we were walking around, me and M, waiting for F to find a spot, I met T, my friend from my UGM campus. He was there with his girlfriend, Wo, and his buddy Ok (he was called Gus Dur for his droopy eyes). We chatted for awhile, asking the latest developments of our thesis. I thanked Wo for giving me a headphone with a microphone so that I could use the voice chat functionality in yahoo messenger. I asked them whether they'd be going to Hard Rock and said that they lost the mood looking at the crowded place. They went home, and not long after that, F came with G and joined me and M.

Today's gotta be the day of days in the matter of coincidence. Right after meeting F and G we decided to have some coffee at Starbucks. When I got there, I met Li, T's ex girlfriend. We chatted for awhile, asking each other the latest development in our lives. I asked her whether she met T there and said no. I told her I just met him. She told me that T erased her from his friendster list. Well, I don't know anything 'bout that. Those two didn't break it up on good terms, I guess.

G didn't approve my wearing a glasses. She said it didn't look good on me. I told her she's the first one who said that. Others told me that I look good with a glasses ha ha ha. She's been doing okay at her company in Singapore. F was also doing well in his company in Jakarta. They asked M how his warnet's been doing, and he said that it's been doing great. They asked me when I would be finish with my thesis, and I told them that it would probably be finished in October or November. We chatted for awhile until it was midnight and then we went home. M went straight home, F and G dropped me home in F's brand new Honda Jazz. It's a good car.

It had been an entertaining day. Full of meetings and pleasant coincidences. I came home tired but content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home