Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Trip to Dufan


The last time I went to Dufan it was with my (then) girlfriend. It was last year. Back then there were more of us. I went to Dufan again today (Tuesday, March 16th 2004). Now there were only seven of us. And my ex wasn't around. Which was a good thing.

I was supposed to meet my friends at the campus around 9 to 9.30. But I'd been procrastinating lately, so I got there around 11. Found out that there were only seven of us who were going to Dufan. But what the heck, since I wouldn't be seeing them for another week or so (maybe more), I decided to go.

On the way to Dufan, me and a good buddy talked about his relationship with his girlfriend...which happened to be my ex (no, not the one who went to Dufan last year, this one is my first, or second, girlfriend, depending on how you define a relationship. On a side note, I'm the one who hooked them up and I was very happy about it, which some of my friends couldn't understand why I could be happy about hooking up an ex with another guy. Hey, I care about the both of them, and it was great hooking them up. Yeah, he talked about how it had been so fast, but he was happy about it and hey, no complains right?

Got there around 12. After buying the tickets, the first thing we did was going to McD to have our lunch. After that a friend of mine wanted to play Arung Jeram. He was a little bit pushy because he wanted to play it first so that we would get soaked in the beginning and just let the sun dry our clothes while playing through the other games. And also because he would be picking up his wife later in the evening and apparently he had not told his wife that he was going to dufan. So, after noon prayers, we went to Arung Jeram and went through it twice.

After our clothes dried up a bit we went playing other things such as halilintar (a jet coaster), another thing where we sit on a two-to-three-person bench and get swung around, rajawali (kinda hard to explain, all I could say we got swung around again...this one made me a bit dizzy), perang bintang (we sit in a 7-person car equipped with infra-red gun shooting around at targets), bianglala (ferris wheel), kicir-kicir (hard to explain, got swung around again, big time but I didn't get dizzy :p), a smaller version of halilintar, and an entertainment ride where we sit on moving chairs in front of a big screen with the chair simulating the movements on the screen (forgot the name of this thing).

Well, it was fun. Too bad there were only seven of us. My other campus friends couldn't make it. They got other things to do. My friend (who had to pick up his wife) dropped me off at Gunung Sahari and from there I hailed a bajaj and went home.

Going to Dufan was the definite highlight of my day. Got home, took a bath, chatted a bit with Mom and Bro (I rarely chat with my Dad), played NFSU a bit, played with my new handphone .Oh, one thing that ruined my daya bit: at dufan, the thing slipped out of it's slippery cover, fell to the ground, and now there's a small dent on one of the corner, barely noticable, but the good thing was that it was still functioning properly. Gotta buy a new cover and also probably a new casing (if it's not too expensive).

Called my girlfriend, talked about how we'd lived our day that day...

Well, that was Tuesday. Now I'm off again browsing.