Just Passing By...

Well, I'm just passing by...

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Moments come and gone

Sick looking at the computer monitor all day, I left the computer lab and went outside with my CD player and my book. I'd been feeling unease lately, kept looking for peace and tranquility and not succeeding.

Eating a couple of wafer sticks and drinking softdrink, I listened to Norah Jones' Sunrise. It was a beautiful song. It soothed my troubled heart somehow...

Enjoying the song, laying back on the cafetaria chair (careful not to let myself fall backward) closed my eyes as these words ran across my mind:


sunrise, sunrise
how I long for your shine
in the morning when I wake up
how I long to see
your web of lights
shining through
the window of my soul

sunrise, sunrise
how I long for the light
that glorious light
arise all creatures of the day
for a new day has begun
let the sweeping warmth of the fire
chase away the remaining fragrance of the night

sunlight, sunlight
how I long for the truth
that shines through the windows of my heart
lighting the beauty of the world

sunrise, sunrise
thy light the harbinger of the passage of time
a portend of a new time
a song for a new day

sunrise, sunrise
How I miss your light in my soul



It was a peaceful song, and for a moment brought me a sliver of peace in my heart. So easily moments come and gone. And so must this moment pass.

so is the beauty of life, never is there a moment more beatiful than the present moment. I cherished them, and when they pass, carried away by death and time, I shall not mourn for another will come and my life would never be empty. And may the Great One grant me the gift to see the present in a better light. In the light of the sunrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home